15.5.10

Girl, interrupted// Inspiration Compilation 2

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was starting a string of "inspiration" posts- photos, people, bloggers, photographers, etc.
The first entry in the...."inspiration compilation" was about my mom- see Delirium
I've decided to continue the theme of "influential women" with Angelina Jolie.
-------

Possibly my favorite picture of Angelina, from Vanity Fair 2008.





I love love LOVE these two pictures of her- I think because she looks so much like my mom.


(collage by me, images via google)

Angelina Jolie is an incredibly beautiful, strong, independent, and confident woman.
She's comfortable with her body and proud of who she is as a person.
She inspires me everyday to want to be curvy instead of stick-skinny like the models I see everywhere, to give back to the world, and to be confident in who I am.
(And HELLO, she's got Brad Pitt drooling after her)

I love how she can be edgy and punk one minute, then flip a switch and become old-Hollywood glam.
But, I think what I love most about her is that her life has been a journey- she's made her share of mistakes, but she discovered herself through her triumphs, and through her errors.
She proved that who you are at 16 is not necessarily who you are going to be at 45. Everything that happens in your life- the good, the bad, the hurt, the happiness- is a process that makes you who you are, and nobody can take that away from you.

xoxoxo



2 comments:

The Beautiful and Glammed said...

love her hair when it's blown out! so beautiful! Fab blog, definitely be back! Come follow TBAG if you fancy. Bon weekend!! xxx

Sabo Skirt said...

she is so so gorgeoussss

stop by our fashion blog, we are giving away designer glasses! we hope you love it..

xx .sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com